WATCH this conversation on YouTube. And SUBSCRIBE!
Read my new book, The Pursuit Of Excellence — See why Patrick Lencioni said “this book is an absolute must-read if you care to live an excellent life.”
Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text Hawk to 66866
The Learning Leader Show
- In 2020 Reggie joined longtime gaming journalist and current president of the nonprofit New York Videogame Critics Circle Harold Goldberg to host a six-part podcast series on gaming and technology. On “Talking Games with Reggie and Harold,” they interviewed influential people across gaming, esports and entertainment content creation. Its main goal was to raise money for the nonprofit and expand efforts to help underserved communities in New York City.
- Reggie is focused on sharing his broad experiences with the next generation of business leaders. He is the Managing Partner of Brentwood Growth Partners, offering consulting services to help emerging companies scale and enable leaders to create world-class cultures. In addition, Reggie is a Board Director for three publicly traded companies. He is the Board Chairman for UTA Acquisition Corp. (UTAAU.NASDAQ), a special purpose acquisition company in the broad digital entertainment/gaming space and its adjacent markets. He is also a Non-Executive Director for Spin Master Inc. (TOY.TO), Brunswick Corp. (BC.NYSE) and a special advisor to Rogue Games Inc., an innovative gaming publisher and developer.
- Reggie knows that education is key to an individual’s journey. After graduating with Distinction from Cornell University’s Dyson Undergraduate School in 1983, Reggie has continued to support Cornell. In August 2019 he was named the inaugural Dyson Leader in Residence for the 2019-2020 academic year. In 2020 Reggie was named one of Cornell University’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) Outstanding Alumni. In 2021 he was appointed to the Cornell University Council and the CALS Dean’s Advisory Council. In Washington State where he currently resides, Reggie is on the Board of The Partnership for Learning which focuses on postsecondary success, college/career readiness and early learning for all state students. Reggie also serves on the Board of the New York Videogame Critics Circle which uses video games as the medium for teaching creative writing and critical thinking skills to under-represented youth.
- The difference between a coach, a mentor, and a sponsor? — A coach did what you do and can help. A mentor suggests other ways and ideas. A sponsor talks great about you behind your back.
- Writing — The value of the perfect memo – Everything at P&G moved forward based on ideas or initiatives distilled on one piece of paper. From your first day, you were challenged to write clearly and persuasively
- First act in retirement was to deliver the commencement speech where his daughter graduated from college, Ringling College of Art & Design. Focused on 5 Life Principles:
- What happens to you, is up to you. Own your journey.
- Life is hard, so dig deep. Tenacity and grit are essential qualities for everyone.
- Be open to alternatives
- Embrace your fear. Overcome it through practice and determination.
- Live in the moment and have some fun along the way.
- Apply to be part of my Leadership Circle
- Read: The Pursuit Of Excellence
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text HAWK to 66866
- Read: Disrupting The Game
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership