Dr Zinsser has been at the forefront of applied sport psychology for over thirty years. He has published scholarly research in The Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, The Canadian Journal of Psychology and in five editions of the widely used textbook, Applied Sport Psychology: Personal Growth to Peak Performance. Dr. Zinsser’s latest book, The Confident Mind: A Battle-Tested Guide for Unshakable Performance, will be released in January 2022. A Ph.D. in sport psychology from the University of Virginia, Dr. Zinsser has taught at William Patterson College, East Stroudsburg University, and in the University of Virginia’s Continuing Education Division.
Read my new book, The Pursuit Of Excellence — See why Patrick Lencioni said “this book is an absolute must-read if you care to live an excellent life.”
WATCH this conversation on YouTube. And subscribe!
Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text Hawk to 66866
The Learning Leader Show
- Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win. — Sun Tzu
- Definition of confidence? — “a sense of certainty about your ability, which allows you to bypass conscious thoughts and execute unconsciously.”
- The Director of West Point’s influential Performance Psychology Program shares the secrets of mental toughness and self-belief in this definitive guide to mastering confidence, the key to performance in any field.
- Dr. Nate Zinsser has spent his career training the minds of the U.S. Military Academy’s cadets as they prepare to lead and perform when the stakes are the very highest—on the battlefield. Alongside this work, he has coached world-class athletes including a Super Bowl MVP, numerous Olympic medalists, professional ballerinas, NHL All-Stars, and college All-Americans, teaching them to overcome pressure and succeed on the biggest stages
- “You can arm yourself against any unexpected turn of events and also against known and expected difficulties of life by building for yourself a personal mental fortress, a guaranteed foolproof bank that holds your personal confidence account.
- Serenity – 1) Mind-Body connection 2) Human imperfection 3) The action of the autonomic nervous system 4) the delayed returns of continued practice (deliberate practice)
- “Fall in love with your butterflies.”
- Don’t waste energy on negativity.
- Dr. Zinsser has come to understand that one single trait above all others makes peak performance possible: confidence, or the belief in oneself. Whether your mission involves leading a platoon into combat, returning an opponent’s serve, or delivering a sales pitch to a roomful of skeptical prospects, you perform best when you are so certain about your abilities that your flow of fear, doubts, and confusion slows to the barest minimum. What’s more, Dr. Zinsser has come to understand that confidence is a skill that can be taught, improved, and applied by anyone to enhance nearly every aspect of our lives and careers.
- Apply to be part of my Leadership Circle
- Read: The Pursuit Of Excellence
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text LEARNERS to 44222
- Read: A Confident Mind
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership