Text Hawk to 66866 to become part of “Mindful Monday.” Join 10’s of thousands of your fellow learning leaders and receive a carefully curated email from me each Monday morning to help you start your week off right…
Full show notes at www.LearningLeader.com
Twitter/IG: @RyanHawk12 https://twitter.com/RyanHawk12
- Consistency creates your future. Show up each day and do the work. Sounds simple, but it’s much harder in practice. Consistency is not sexy, but it builds trust and it creates your future.
- T.U.N.E. –
- T = Trust and truth
- U = Unite with love
- N = Neutralize the negativity. “I do not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.” – Gandhi
- E = Elevate your thinking. With gratitude, optimism, and belief
- How to handle imposter syndrome – One sheet of paper. On one side write your negative thoughts. On the other side write words of encouragement. Again, this sounds basic, but it’s been proven to work.
- Navigate the Roller Coaster of our Mind: Take on our challenges in life with confidence and power instead of fear and insecurity.
- Recognize & Overcome the Five Ds of Negative Thought: Doubt, Distortion, Discouragement, Distraction, and Division.
- The root of the Greek word for anxious means “to separate and divide” When we are anxious, we feel divided. The key is to move towards “oneness”.
- Tune into More Positive Thoughts: Jon explains a revolutionary idea that the brain is an antenna, and we can elevate our minds with proven strategies. For example, we can’t be stressed and thankful at the same time. When we appreciate, we elevate.
- Override Fear with Love: Let love (the ultimate driver of grit) be the driving force behind our work and vocation, unlocking new levels of determination, devotion and success.
- Improve Mental Health & Relationships: Move from disconnection, loneliness and isolation to connection, healing, and wholeness. Whether you’re a recent graduate, executive, artist, parent, engineer, teacher, spouse, athlete or coach, once you know The One Truth, you’ll see how it impacts leadership, teamwork, mindset, performance, relationships, addictions, social media, anxiety, mental health and your overall quality of life.
- Bad teams = nobody leads. Average teams = coaches lead. Elite teams = players lead
- Change management — People follow the leader first and the vision second. People won’t care about your vision if you don’t care about them.
- “Thoughts are magnetic. What we think about we attract.”
- Goals: “It’s not your goals that will lead to your success but your commitment to the process.” “The best teams don’t focus on winning championships. They focus on being champions. This leads to championships.”
- “When leaders become focused on the fruit instead of the root and worry about the outcome instead of the process of developing team members, they may survive in the short run, but they will not thrive in the long run.”
- “As a leader, it is so important that your words equal your actions. It is imperative that you make sure that you go through a self-evaluation process on an almost daily basis to make sure that your actions are in line with your words. You must do what you say and say what you do.”
- “There’s a difference between culture and having a theme for the year. A theme does not equal culture. Too many schools/org move from theme to theme instead of building a culture. Utilize a theme as a tool to help you build a great culture.”
- “They asked a bunch of ninety-five-year-olds if they could do it all over again and live their life again what would they do differently. The three things that almost all of them said were: (1) They would reflect more. Enjoy more moments. More sunrises and sunsets. More moments of joy. (2) They would take more risks and chances. Life is too short not to go for it. (3) They would have left a legacy. Something that would live on after they die.”
00:35 – Lessons from Athletics
05:29 – Struggling With Adversity As a Child
07:47 – Building a Life-Changing Team from The Energy Bus
15:08 – Fear That Comes With Imposter Syndrome
20:54 – Transition from Self-Talk to Action
31:05 – How to React to Skeptics
36:14 – View Life as a Movie
40:25 – Leadership Qualities That Are Repetitive
44:18 – Advice for the Younger Generation
47:48 – Early is On Time