Text Hawk to 66866 to become part of “Mindful Monday.” Join 10’s of thousands of your fellow learning leaders and receive a carefully curated email from me each Monday morning to help you start your week off right…
Full show notes at www.LearningLeader.com
Twitter/IG: @RyanHawk12 https://twitter.com/RyanHawk12
Dr. Mat Duerden is a Professor of Experience Design and Management at Brigham Young University. His teaching focuses on experience design and design thinking. He is the best-selling author of Designing Experiences. His research focuses on experience design in both work and non-work contexts. Mat’s publications have appeared in a variety of journals including Leisure Sciences, Journal of Environmental Psychology, Journal of Adolescent Research, and Journal of Leisure Research. Mat Duerden received a Ph.D. in Recreation, Park, and Tourism Sciences from Texas A&M University and an M.S. in Youth and Family Recreation from Brigham Young University.
- Transformational Learning – “The future intrinsic use of the content.” Going from theory to putting it into practice. It’s the implementation of the learning that codifies it.
- What to do at your next leadership retreat? Ask yourself the question, “What do you want them to say when they walk away from the experience?” And design the event based on your answer to that question.
- One of the must-have qualities needed to be hired as a team leader is humility and curiosity. Curiosity is the fuel for creativity and innovation. Having a broad range of interests is a good sign of curiosity.
- What do Apple, Costco, and Walt Disney have in common? A high NPS Score…
- What is NPS? Your Net Promoter Score is the percentage of customers who are promoters (those who scored 9 or 10) minus the percentage who are detractors (those who scored 0 to 6).
- They have a uniform type of experience
- Harmonizing Ques…
- There should be a narrative structure:
- Build rising action… — Anticipation, Participation, Reflection, Climax.
- It’s important to solve problems tied to the needs of your customer or your team.
- The Wonder Switch from Harris III
- The curiosity is becoming comfortable not knowing
- The Buc-eee’s gas station restroom experience takes the ordinary and turns it into an extraordinary experience.
- For businesses:
- Need to develop a brand experience guide for the type of experience you want to provide.
- Write a brand theme statement that aligns with who we are.
- HEB Grocery Store:
- Here Everything’s Better
- Hire the type of people who are curious and want to interact with customers.
- Curiosity is the fuel for creativity and innovation. A broad range of interests is important.