Text Hawk to 66866 to become part of Mindful Monday. Join 10’s of thousands of other Learning Leaders to receive a carefully curated email from me each Monday morning to help you start your week off right…
Full show notes at www.LearningLeader.com
Twitter/IG: @RyanHawk12 https://twitter.com/RyanHawk12
AJ Hawk is the all-time leading tackler in Green Bay Packers history. He won a National Champion at Ohio State University and was voted captain of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl-winning team (2010-20110 He was inducted into the Ohio State University Hall of Fame in 2019. Currently, he is a co-host on The Pat McAfee Show which airs weekdays on YouTube. (AJ is my younger brother)
Keith Hawk spent 30+ years as a sales leader. At one point, more than 1,000 people were in his charge. Keith now regularly speaks around the world on such topics as Leadership, Principled Negotiation, Consultative Selling, and Building Thriving Corporate Cultures. He is the co-author of two popular business books, Get-Real Selling, and Terrific – Five Star Customer Service. (Keith AKA “Pistol” is my dad)
Pat McAfee is a future billionaire and the founder/CEO of Pat McAfee Industries. He’s the host of “The Pat McAfee Show” which airs weekdays on YouTube from 12:00-3:00. Pat recently agreed to a deal with FanDuel which has them spending more than $140 million to be the title sponsor of his YouTube progrum. Prior to launching his media career, Pat was named the “punter of the decade” from his time booming balls for the Indianapolis Colts. Pat is also a WWE color commentator, professional wrestler (he once wrestled Stone Cold Steve Austin), and analyst on ESPN’s College GameDay. In WWE, fans and critics often deem Pat as one of the greatest color commentators of all time for his humorous comments, his energy, and his charisma.
- “When you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way it is and your life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it… Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.” – Steve Jobs quote that Pat has hanging up in his studio.
- “I view life as a movie.” – Pat McAfee
- Keys to a great marriage:
- Pistol – “On our wedding bands, we had “C, C, C” engraved. They stand for:
- Questions from fans of The Learning Leader Show:
- Haley Erickson – CPA: What an achievement! I glean so much from your work and am thankful you share this material with the world. My question: Who is one of the most impactful people in your life and how have they impacted you?
- Rob Stevens, Leadership Consultant: This is very personal to me. I’m curious what your dad would say about adding value as more and more people get beyond 60. I see a lot of older people, with a lot of wisdom and experience, either retiring or getting pushed to the side. I’d be interested if he has any ideas on how those of us that are over 60 can continue to make significant contributions. It’s kind of the question that you like to ask about advice for kids just out of college wanting to make a difference only the other end of the spectrum.
- David Salvador – VP at Gogo Aviation: Congratulations Ryan! “What is the most impactful investment you can make in yourself for your career?”
- The draft: It’s your birthday dinner. None of your family or close friends can make it. You can invite any person in the world and they will be there. Who are your 5?
- Pistol: Steve Martin, Pete Rose, Paul McCartney, Al Michaels, James Taylor
- Ryan: The Rock, Dave Chappelle, Dave Matthews, Peyton Manning, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Taylor Swift
- AJ: Tom Cruise, Amelia Earhart, Sean Casey, Tiger Woods, Tim Dillon