Text Hawk to 66866 to become part of Mindful Monday. Receive a carefully curated email from me each Monday morning to help you start your week off right…
Full show notes at www.LearningLeader.com
Twitter/IG: @RyanHawk12 https://twitter.com/RyanHawk12
Colin O’Brady 10-time World Record Holder. New York Times bestselling author of The Impossible First. Colin’s highly publicized expeditions have been followed by millions and his work has been featured in the New York Times, The Tonight Show, the BBC, The Joe Rogan Experience, and NBC’s Today. His feats include the world’s first solo, unsupported, and fully human-powered crossing of Antarctica; speed records for the Explorers Grand Slam and the Seven Summits; and the world’s first human-powered ocean row across the Drake Passage. His new book is called The 12 Hour Walk.
- What’s your Everest – The question he asked all the rich bankers that night that none had an answer to? What’s your answer? What are you doing to turn that into a reality?
- Limiting beliefs – “We are the stories we tell ourselves.” What story are you telling yourself about… Yourself?
- Life is on a scale of 1 to 10. Most people live most days around a 5 or 6. They don’t have any 1s and they don’t have any 10s. What can you do to change that? How can you live a life that has some 1s and 10s?
- Mantra: “Colin! You are strong. You are capable.”
- The most important muscle is the brain.
- The possible mindset:
- See the optimism in all opportunities.
- Colin’s mom told him he could achieve anything that he set his mind to.
- Colin had an accident and caught on fire while jumping a flaming jump rope…
- His doctor told him that he would probably never walk again.
- At that moment, Colin set the goal to complete a triathlon.
- A year later, he WON the Chicago triathlon.
- With Colin as your guide, The 12-Hour Walk asks you to invest one day in yourself. The goal? Conquering your mind and becoming your best self. By walking alone, unplugging, listening to the voice within, and rewriting the limiting beliefs etched into your psyche, you can break free of the patterns holding you back and learn how to cultivate a “Possible Mindset”—an empowered way of thinking that unlocks a life of limitless possibilities. The reward: being the hero of your own destiny.
- Question to ask yourself: What is your Everest?
- What does fulfillment look like?
- You must take care of yourself first…
- A deep connection with your why. PASSION.
- Genuine curiosity
- If no one was watching, would you still do it?