The Learning Leader Show With Ryan Hawk
Episode #293: Brent Beshore – How To Get Rich Slow & Live An Optimal Life
- Commonalities of sustaining excellence:
- The usual things like: integrity and hard work
- But the best… “know how messy they are, they challenge themselves, they have high level of self-awareness, they need people around them to help. They acknowledge their imperfections, and they give others grace for their imperfections.”
- How to develop self awareness?
- Surround yourself with people who will tell you the truth — “We are all highly imperfect.”
- Give people a true open invitation to criticize, but they also must be constructive, loving, kind, thoughtful people.
- “They need to be rooting for you.”
- What do you look for in someone to work with?
- Curiosity – an inherent desire to know more, learn, reconstruct reality
- Self awareness – genuine intellectual honesty
- Integrity – function of consistency over time. Have to reconstruct it