Episode 229: Henry Cloud – “Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You”
Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
The Learning Leader Show
“If you’re a leader, you will get what you create or what you allow.”
- Henry constantly striving to do more… Why?
- “I’m a practitioner, need to continue doing the work”
- Advice to “normal” people who have a 9-5 job. Henry was willing to start with very little money, but grew into his passion slowly and kept at it.
- Inflection points — My football career. Henry’s gradual growth. Critical mass moments — Henry did leadership coaching and consulting from day 1.
- “You have to love what you do.”
- “You have to get moving.”
- “My first book Integrity was written based on my teaching for 15 years.”
- Boundaries — A simple, yet profound concept – A property line: This is you
- “In relationships, people put pressure on us”
- Leaders are “ridiculously in charge” — “If you’re leading it, you’re in charge”
- “If you’re a leader, you will get what you create or what you allow”
- 3 Keys to Executive Success (Executive Functions Of The Brain):
- Attend to most important/what’s relevant — Need to name the priority — Boundary of Attention
- No multi-tasking. Your brain CANNOT do this — Inhibit everything else
- Working memory – Must be a flow to it
- Advice for listeners who have a bad boss?
- Don’t fret, we’ve all been there
- Create your own culture, do lunch and learns, build what you want within the situation
- Vision Statement — Get so good they will say, “What are they doing?” How do we grow? How can we do that?”
- Perform, develop leaders in your own corner of the world/buisness
- “Be So Good They Can’t Ignore You”
- “They work their butt off”