After we finished recording this interview, Chris said to me, “You’re a good egg Ryan Hawk. Thank you for having me on.” I’m not sure why, but I really enjoyed getting a thoughtful, real compliment from someone like Chris. Chris has a podcast guest standard that he will only record for 20 minutes (it makes sense based on his schedule and the amount of requests he gets). When I shut it down after 21 minutes, he asked to keep going… Just a really enjoyable, fun, and educational episode. We’ll record another 20 minutes together soon…
“I am taking over…” – Chris Brogan
Welcome to Episode 003 with the CEO of Owner Media Group Chris Brogan
Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio.
The Learning Leader Show
“Show me your friends and I’ll show you your future.” – John Wooden
Some Questions I Ask:
- How do you equip owners?
- Why is entrepreneurship more than just 2 guys shaking hands?
- Why did you write “The Freaks Shall Inherit The Earth?”
- Why won’t his kids have cubicle jobs?
- At what specific moment did Chris know he had created something meaningful?
- What specific things can people do to get outside of their comfort zone?
“Have a plan, work the plan, plan for the unexpected.” – Terry Hoeppner
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Chris’s 3 words for 2015: Plan, Leverage, Fabric… And everything that goes into why he chose those words
- Why most days he’s awesome but sometimes he has to ride out clinical depression
- How he’s become resilient and how you can too
- The importance of loyalty to others
- How we all can learn from what he’s done and put it into action even if we do not have credibility yet
- How to become a better public speaker
- What it’s like to interview Richard Branson
James Altucher called his book “The Freaks Shall Inherit The Earth”, “The Bible for making a startup.”
- Go to Chris’s website
- Read The Freaks Shall Inherit The Earth
- See why over 300,000 people follow Chris on Twitter: @chrisbrogan
You may also like these episodes:
Episode 001: How to become a master connector with Jayson Gaignard from MasterMind Talks
Episode 003: The incredibly interesting story of Maurice Clarett and how he built a 6 figure income after spending 4 years in prison
Episode 009: The Creative Leader’s Guide to making money by thinking outside of the Box with Jason Zook (SurfrApp)
Did you enjoy the podcast?
As I said before, this was a very special episode for me. I am a huge fan of Chris and to have him enjoy being on the show really meant a lot to me. I loved this episode. Who do you know that needs to hear this? Send them to The Learning Leader Show!
Chris Brogan explores how people use content and community to build marketplaces around areas of belonging. He is CEO of Owner Media Group, a sought after public speaker, and the New York Times bestselling author of eight books and working on his ninth, Belong: A Framework for Embracing Community, Driving the Economy and Building the Future. Learn more about him at www.chrisbrogan.com
Episode edited by the great J Scott Donnell
Leave A Comment