Dr. Will Cole is a leading functional medicine expert who consults people around the world via webcam, having started one of the first functional medicine telehealth centers in the world. Named one of the top 50 functional and integrative doctors in the nation, Will specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. Will is the health advisor to Gwyneth Paltrow, a top functional medicine practitioner, and New York Times bestselling author. He has dedicated his career to teaching people to apply skepticism to nutritional trends and instead, pay closer attention to their own intuition.
WATCH this conversation on YouTube. And SUBSCRIBE!
Read my book, The Pursuit Of Excellence — See why Patrick Lencioni said “This book is an absolute must-read if you care to live an excellent life.”
The Learning Leader Show
- You can’t heal a body you hate. We only get one body. It’s all we have. If it stops working or is working poorly, that affects all other elements of our lives. It’s worth it to make this our top priority.
- We’re looking for optimal, not average. If you’re listening to this podcast, you probably do not want to be average. And when it comes to the most important thing in your life (your body), I would hope that you don’t want that to be average. To be an effective leader for others, our body needs to be in optimal shape.
- Cut these 5 foods:
- Gluten-containing grains
- Industrial seed oils
- Added sugar,
- Conventional dairy
- After over a decade as a functional medicine expert, Dr. Cole discerned that shame can cause gut inflammation and sabotage wellness through what he’s named “Shameflammation.” When you send signals to your brain that you are overwhelmed, overworked, or overtired, your body reacts. Shameflammation can be the cause of chronic health conditions such as autoimmune disorders, depression, and more.
- Chronic stress is the ultimate junk food.”
- Too much sugar has consequences beyond the waistline.
- Functional medicine is informed consent.
- 75% of your immune system is in your gut.
- Get back on track. Days are long, years are short.
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy? Work with a doctor, get labs, and choose to use based on what your doctor and your labs say.
- “Use meals as a medicine and a meditation.”
- “Ask yourself… Does this food love me back?”
- Apply to be part of my Leadership Circle
- Read: The Pursuit Of Excellence
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text HAWK to 66866
- Read: Gut Feelings
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
00:35 – Lessons from Athletics
05:29 – Struggling With Adversity As a Child
07:47 – Building a Life-Changing Team from The Energy Bus
15:08 – Fear That Comes With Imposter Syndrome
20:54 – Transition from Self-Talk to Action
31:05 – How to React to Skeptics
36:14 – View Life as a Movie
40:25 – Leadership Qualities That Are Repetitive
44:18 – Advice for the Younger Generation
47:48 – Early is On Time
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership