As a premier Keynote Speaker and leading authority on achievement for audiences as large as 80,000—Les Brown energizes people to meet the challenges of the world around them. He skillfully weaves his compelling life story into the fabric of our daily lives. Born in the slums of Liberty City in Miami, Florida and given up for adoption at six weeks of age, he struggled through a mistakenly declared learning disability but persevered through hard work and was able to become one of the top speakers in the world. His latest book is called, You’ve Got To Be Hungry: The Greatness To Win Within.
You can watch this one on YouTube. CLICK HERE.
Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text LEARNERS to 44222
The Learning Leader Show
- “If you want to be successful in life, do these three things…”
- Change your mindset – “You don’t get in life what you want, you get in life what you are.”
- Practice OQP – “Only Quality People”
- Develop your communication skills – “Once you open your mouth, you tell the world who you are.
- Sidney Poitier wrote a book called The Measure of a Man and she said, “When you go for a walk with someone, something happens without being spoken. He said, “either you adjust to their pace or they adjust to your pace.” Think “Whose pace have you adjusted to?
- Les needed to disrupt the vision he had of himself in order to change…
- Expand the vision of what’s possible for life
- Mike Williams — “The Road To Your Best Stuff”
- Keys to growth: Hire a coach
- Use your story to create an experience for your audience
- “Be transformed by the renewing of their minds.”
- “You can’t fit a big dream into a small mind.”
- “We are here to live a life that will out live us.”
- “The two most important days of your life are the day you were born and the day you find out why.” – Mark Twain
- Les has battled cancer for 27 years…
- The beginning: When Les’s mom worked for a white family, they would make her clap her hands regularly when she was alone in a different room to ensure she wasn’t stealing anything. When Les learned why his mom always had to clap her hands together, he made it his mission to ensure that he would buy her a house one day… And eventually that’s exactly what he did.
- Negative thoughts are like weeds. They’ll keep coming back. You have to keep at it and have a positive mind.
- Every morning, Les takes the following action:
- Has a verbal (positive) affirmation
- Writes seven things he wants to do that day
- Reads 20-30 pages
- “There is power in pursuit… Set goals beyond your comfort zone.”
- Have a perpetual plan of action
- “You’re never too old to learn”
- “You’re never too young to teach”
- “Don’t ever stop raising the bar on yourself.”
- There are three kinds of people: Millionaires, Billionaires, and Witnesses
- “You gotta be hungry.”
- Thoreau – “Go where there’s no path and leave a trail.”
- What does Les think immediately before going on stage with 80,000 people in the crowd?
- “More of THE, less of ME.”
- “When you wax a floor, you need to strip it first. The same is true with coaching.”
- “Cancer Conquerors” — “I don’t have time to die, I’ve got too much work to do.”
- Excellence: Durable, sustainable advantage. “I will not fail.” All accomplishments happen in the mind first… And then in practice.
- Here is WHY joining a Learning Leader Circle is a good idea…
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text LEARNERS to 44222
- Read: You’ve Got To Be Hungry
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Connect with Miranda on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership