Ben Higgins is best known from season 20 of ABC’s hit series, “The Bachelor.” The opportunity ultimately led to an enhanced platform that he now uses to share what he is most passionate about with others – his faith, his hope for humanity and his love of sports. In 2017 Ben co-founded Generous International, a for purpose company dedicated to contributing profits to social issues around the world, starting with a cup of coffee. Ben stays connected with his loyal Bachelor following with his iHeartMedia podcast, “Almost Famous,” which he co-hosts with his friend and former Bachelor contestant, Ashley Iaconetti. In February of 2021 Ben launched his first book “Alone in Plain Sight” which speaks to the problem of loneliness, isolation, and disconnection.
You can watch this one on YouTube. CLICK HERE. Smash that subscribe button.
FORBES recently called WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT, “the best leadership book of 2020.”
Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text LEARNERS to 44222
Subscribe on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
The Learning Leader Show
- How to deal with new fame?
- “I speak with all of the guys who are about to be The Bachelor… And tell them, ‘Fame is never fulfilling. Don’t let your head get too big. Stay in the middle.”
- “Give your friends the space to be honest.” Have them keep you in check.
- With fame, make it about about “everything but yourself.”
- Sustaining excellence:
- Authenticity, Consistency, Openness, Vulnerability, Honest, Humble, Generous, Curious
- Ben’s Dad has been a huge inspiration in his life:
- He has an appreciation for life, had cancer at age 30, dealt with heart disease. He’s kind and loyal with family and friends
- Engagement to Jess:
- Consistent – There is a strong love and care for one another
- His book: “I opened up and shared it all. I didn’t want it to be surface level.”
- “Everyone has a story. I want to connect with others through our insecurities. I’m fragile right now!”
- Was his storyline on The Bachelor about being “unlovable” true?
- “Yes, that’s how I really felt.”
- “Empathy is a beautiful thing.”
- Life advice:
- Strip away labels, guilt, and expectations
- Ask yourself, “Who am I?”
- Be uniquely yourself
- Apply to be part of my Leadership Circle
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text LEARNERS to 44222
- Read: Alone In Plain Sight
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership
Leave A Comment