Adam Bornstein is a nutrition advisor for LeBron James, Cindy Crawford, Lindsey Vonn, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. He’s also the founder of Born Fitness, Pen Name Consulting, and he’s the former Chief Nutrition Officer at Ladder (the company founded by LeBron James). Adam is a New York Times bestselling author of many books including Engineering The Alpha and You Can’t Screw This Up.
WATCH this conversation on YouTube. And SUBSCRIBE!
Read my book, The Pursuit Of Excellence — See why Patrick Lencioni said “This book is an absolute must-read if you care to live an excellent life.”
The Learning Leader Show
- Arnold Schwarzenegger wrote the foreword. “I’ve known Adam for more than 10 years. In addition to being one of the smartest people in nutrition I’ve met, he’s the perfect person to blaze a better path that provides a more direct, realistic, and effective way to improve your health and mindset and achieve your goals.”
- Take the attitude of an intern. Adam shares how he impressed Arnold Schwarzenegger. Be kind. Show up. Be consistent. Do great work. Don’t be greedy. Be generous. And keep going. That great work led to the introduction to LeBron James. Adam has done a great job of making the most of the luck he’s received.
- Self-perception: how changing your thoughts and releasing mental baggage make adopting new behaviors, such as eating healthy, easier.
- This is a thorough examination of why most diet plans fail, including research and case studies that demonstrate the inefficacy of restriction.
- Book Dedication: “Dad, You were given a death sentence and turned it into a life sentence. That’s the power of a different mindset. Thanks for showing me the way. I love you.” Adam’s dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer and he’s been very optimistic in the face of it.
- “Most people fail physically because they are broken mentally.”
- Inversion: Start at the end. Anticipate that you didn’t achieve your goal, and ask why? And then ask, how do I prevent that from happening?
- The three tactical things you can do:
- Self-perception – Believe you can do it
- Find things you love and don’t remove them
- Add 1 or 2 new behaviors that are easy to win
- How to manage your diet:
- Slow down your eating
- Create a meal boundary (have open and closed kitchen times)
- Low fat vs Low carbs – Protein and fiber are needed
- Have no 0% weeks. Make progress.
- Apply to be part of my Leadership Circle
- Read: The Pursuit Of Excellence
- Read: WELCOME TO MANAGEMENT
- Be part of “Mindful Monday” — Text HAWK to 66866
- Read: You Can’t Screw This Up
- Connect with me on LinkedIn
- Join our Facebook Group: The Learning Leader Community
- To Follow Me on Twitter: @RyanHawk12
00:34 – Lessons from Dad
06:24 – Questions to Ask for Better Health
13:41 – 3 Tactical Steps to Better Health
22:52 – Ways to Get Back on Track After Taking a Break from Exercise
29:58 – The Goal is Not 100% Success
33:41 – The Mindset to Work With Lebron James & Arnold Schwarzenegger
41:34 – Be Generous With Those You Collaborate With
42:59 – Always Choose Kindness
Episode 078: Kat Cole – From Hooters Waitress To President of Cinnabon
Episode 216: Jim Collins — How To Go From Good To Great
Episode #300: AJ & Keith Hawk – How To Instill Work Ethic & Curiosity In Your Children
Episode #303: General Stanley McChrystal – The New Definition Of Leadership